In winter here in Canada we get have bought to the concept of new years resolution and creating massive change in a time of the year where our bodymind Is depleted and lacking natural resources. That’s why so many people fail with their resolutions. It’s like starting a Journey of change with not enough “Supplies” to last you more then a couple of weeks on a road that takes months to go on and be successful.
In Chinese Medicine and Oriental philosophy the winter is the time where the mindbody requires rest, replenishment and Introspection. A time to reflect on our fears that could be in our way and to slowly gather our resources (will, Impetus and drive) to overcome them when we are moving towards the season of spring.
The winter Is governed by the Element of Water, one of the 5 elements in Nature and within us. The organs of Kidneys and Bladder are part of the water element and are affected by our nervous system and adrenals and vice versa can affect the health of both systems. Nourishing our nervous system and Replenishing our Adrenals will give us the “Resources” we need to overcome our fears (which affects the water element).
Here are 12 tips for you:
12 Tips to Maximize Wellness During ‘Heaviness of Winter’
- Elixir – Drink plenty of hot Golden Mylk Tea, Tumeric, Ginger, Maca and Coconut (Available at the centre) those who have cold hands and feet, as It Improves circulation, reduces Inflammation and fights colds
- Less Coffee – Drink KickStart Tea Coffee substitute instead of coffee to strengthen the kidney function, since coffee flushes the yang energy out from the body.*Chaga Mushroom DE Powder, *Ramon Nut, *Yerba Mate, *Raw Cacao, *Sarsaparilla, *Gelatinized Maca, *Roasted Dandelion, Guarana*†(Available at the centre).
- You Are Sweet Enough! – Reduce the consumption of sugar, as it disrupts the body’s natural energy balance.
- Protection from Elements – Wear a hat, scarf, gloves and protect the lower back from cold. For the elderly who live in extremely cold areas, a soft wool hat can preserve body heat during sleep.
- Self Massage – Use the heel of one foot to massage the inner side of the other lower calf in circular motions to promote energy flow for the whole body.
- Essential Oils – Diffuse warm and sweet notes of essential oils (Lavender, Sweet Orange, Clary Sage, Vetiver, Frankincense, Ginger) to lift the energy, motivate the mind, and keep the body warm.
- Calm State – Avoid sudden shocks to prevent damage to the kidneys, adrenals, heart and brain.
- Hydrotherapy – Warm baths with Magnesium Chloride Flakes, Coconut oil with Ginger and Lemongrass essential oils
- Intravenous drips to replenish your minbody, It works quickly to boost Immunity , Adrenal support and mind clarity
- Sleep More – During sleep your body repairs, reboots and resets.
- Acupuncture and Cupping Therapy – Regular Acupuncture and cupping therapy as been proven to Improve your Lymphatic system, reduce anxiety, Improve sleep, mood and boost vitality.
- Social Nourishment – Choose laughter, empathetic listening, nourishing conversations and experiences with others who you “Enjoy” their company. Why? we are social creatures and like water to a plant we need it to thrive.
If you have any additional questions and need clarity please let us know!To Good health.